- Watch the video
This colorful bowl is super fun to make is filling and it looks great! It is so handy to have this recipe under your belt and it's a great go to when you don't really know what else to make. This recipe creates two portions but you can reduce the veggies portion a bit if you are just making a single bowl.
Ingredients - Dressing
- 2 Tsp Ground red pepper, cayenne or chilli
- 3 Tbsp Tahini
- 1-2 Medium Juicy Lemons (Depends on how lemony you want it)
- 2 Tsp Soy sauce
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Water
Ingredients - Purple Power Bowl
- 2 cups Red Cabbage
- 1 1/2 cup chopped Oyster Mushrooms
- 2 Heads Bok Choy
- 1 Tbsp Curry Seasoning
- 1 Can of cooked lentils
- Japanese Purple Potatoes or Regular Sweet Potatoes - 2 per person
- Rinse and scrub your potatoes clean, being sure to remove any dark spots. Place them in a microwave safe bowl and cook them in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. After they have cooked for 5 minutes rotate them and cook them for another 5 minutes. The skin of the potatoes should be easily pierced by a fork.
- Juice your lemons and remove the seeds. Add your tahini sauce to the lemon juice and stir until they are mixed. There should be some lumpiness to the mixture.
- Mince the garlic and add it to your sauce. Add the chili powder and soy sauce to your sauce. Stir it til all your ingredients are combined. The sauce should be a thick consistency. Slowly add water and continue to stir until you reach a nice creamy consistency. Your sauce is now ready, set it aside while you prepare the rest of your meal.
- Chop the cabbage into thin strips. Chop your boy chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Cut the mushrooms into thin strips and add all the veggies into a colander and rinse them thoroughly to get all the dirt off of them. Drain and rinse your can of beans and set them aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan to a medium-high heat and add in your rinsed veggies. Also, add in your curry powder and a splash of water and gently toss the mix for 1-2 minutes until your veggies are nicely steamed.
- All your ingredients are now ready. Serve them in a large bowl and try to make your veggies, potatoes, and lentils take roughly equal portions in the bowl. Be careful not to pile the different elements on top of each other.
- Serve the bowls and add the tahini sauce generously. Enjoy your purple potato power bowls!